Thursday, January 8, 2009

Is it Friday yet

Some weeks seem to just drag, this one has gone quite fast I must say. I am going to work on jewelry today...though I want to feed my need to bead shop....I want to concentrate on my shop at Artfire. Great bunch of sellers, great admin and starting to take off, I was glad I joined, I have a feeling as the advertising gets out there it will take off.....
I am thoroughly disgusted with ebay.....2 sales in January there but no profit, all gets eaten up in fees. Sold $25 worth of items and $60 in fees. That shop is too expensive to run. Especially when my items are only $6 to $30, I am not going to list there any longer, it will be either on Artfire or on my own site www.gemstone-jewelrybyjoy.com though that is not very productive either the prices are lower since it is me directly, advertising is a problem there. I am not so sure I want to continue my Etsy account either, I may just let them expire and go from there. Only one sale after 5 months there. I purchased a huge inventory of stones right before Christmas, (part of my Christmas present), my private investor is so nice to me. I am anxious to get working on some new designs. I have so many rocks to play with, fun but can be overwhelming to decide the best uses. I went to the library last week and checked out 15 books on jewelry making for some ideas, found a few cute ones for a basic idea and modified for my own. I want to make a line of stone earrings to list some time this month and I have a fantastic idea for a combination set that I am trying to develope, it would be a necklace and bracelet and anklet that could be combined for a long necklace or other combo. Well better get to takin pics.......
May today bring you much happiness. Life is short, don't sweat the little stuff. Have a rockin day.

No comments:

Post a Comment