Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

A new year....did you make any resolutions? I am starting this blog as a way to help promote my jewelry and e-stores as well as network and reach others with similar interests. Spending my days making jewelry and working on the computer this should be in the natural course. I was never much of a letter writer but a few minutes a day should be easy to keep up with. I will try.
To those who are interested, my family I miss you all very much. I have high hopes for a great new year and many more to come.
I did sell a bracelet today on ebay. This is the first of my stores. I started in June of 2008 and have made over 100 sales in jewelry and almost that amount in glass beads and findings. I have been selling my glass which has been pretty tramatic for me. I am a beadaholic my kids will tell you. They have seen my work room of organized chaos. So I am hoping my jewelry will start selling on the other sites. In desperation I have started my own web/e-store www.gemstone-jewelrybyjoy.com. I am hoping to sell through that exclusively but will always keep the stores. Newest is Artfire.com, my store is www.artfire.catinalife.com I am hoping it takes off also, the site is new and coming along nicely. My other store is on www.etsy.com - store is gemstonejewelrybyjoy. I have so many nice pieces. There is a lot of great competition out there but I have a lot of great stones to make into great pieces here so I am not ready just yet to throw in the towel and give it up. I don't think this is a fad I plan to make this my living until and after I retire, which is a long ways away. I would love any input regarding my stores. please remember I don't take critism very well.
Hoping it is just the economy that has everyone scared, though we went through similar in the 70's and 80's and lived to see 2000 so here's to better and warmer (please) days ahead. I am in Google, not just blogging, catinalife I come up...OMG am I a real person now....meaow.....Joyous

1 comment:

  1. Great start Catinalife! Keep up the good work and you will be successful! - CT

    ReplyDelete